Student by day, blogger by night. I've been wanting to start a blog for quite some time now. At first I wanted a personal blog which would be about anything under the sun, then I realized that it'd be to hard to manage and maintain, then I narrowed it down to school, daily rants and make up. After a few weeks of thinking about it, I though to myself that I'll just stick to make up reviews for now and then later on I'll just add more sections to the blog.
I had an on and off relationship with make up since I was a kid. But I'll always love it, but won't show it from time to time. I'd rummage through my mom's make up bag and try on her make ups, from time to time she would buy me a couple of lip glosses and a mini make up palette made for kids. I love applying make up, not only on myself but also on my dolls. My adoration for make up slightly disappeared as I started attending a new school. I became self conscious and thought that I wasn't good enough or pretty enough to wear make ups. But then 5th grade came and I bought my first set of real make up, it was from Care Line, a local brand here in the Philippines. My first set included an eye shadow palette, blush, pressed powder and lip stick. I'd never leave home with at least lip gloss on.
As high school came, I started to stop using it since I was busy with other things. It was also an awkward stage and I felt like didn't fit in. The only make up I'd wear during freshman and sophomore years was an eyeliner. I was self conscious and thought that I might be judged if I tried to put on make up. When senior year started, I started to expand my collection again and started experimenting with different looks. During my free time, I'd always be on You Tube watching make up tutorials, hauls and reviews. I could stay in bed all day just watching those endless videos.
When I started college, I stopped for a few months, I was still in trying to get used to the feeling of being in college that I wasn't in the mood to try and put on make up every morning and I thought to myself that I wanted everything to be "natural". A few months have passed when I started missing the feeling of applying make up. I went through my old make up box and started organizing it again. As of now, I'm still trying to build my collection and find make ups that are worth spending on, that's when I thought of making a blog about make up.
No comments:
Post a Comment